Connect Hypnobirthing offers a midwife led complete birth preparation class and Hypnobirthing in Lancashire and Cumbria designed to give you maximum confidence for your birth and parenthood
To ensure you feel fully supported throughout your pregnancy, birth and after you have your baby.
All of my Hypnobirthing clients message, call and reach out for that ongoing support, so you can feel confident that no matter what might change during your pregnancy, you are prepared.
Group classes are based in Leyland, Lancashire and Kendal, Cumbria. I also offer private classes from Kendal to Warrington.
Connect with other local parents to be with ongoing support from each other- on our courses we set up a Whatsapp group and arrange a post baby birth meet up, so that you have a group of fellow mums and dads around you, creating friendships for life.
Find out about evidence based practice and inform yourselves about the best options available for YOU. On booking you receive access to a client only page, with a full pre course resource pack you can work through, as well as access to over 10 relaxation MP3’s, birth scripts and affirmations.
Practice and learn deep Hypnobirthing relaxation techniques to arm you to be a warrior woman in labour and birth (read other parents feedback to their hypnobirthing journey here)
Why choose me as your Hypnobirthing teacher?
I’m Alice, founder and teacher at Connect Hypnobirthing. I’m a new mum myself to a gorgeous growing baby and I have developed this course to share with you my expertise in pregnancy, relaxation and birth. I am also a midwife, a role that I am truly passionate about. I have supported over 400 women in birth and cared for 1200 women before and after having their babies.
Using my midwifery skills, recent extensive training in hypnobirthing, and teaching antenatal classes since 2013, together with years practicing yoga and meditation, these classes will be both evidence based and holistic.
My second passion is walking and being in the mountains – with my absolute favourite place in the world being the Isle of Mull – a place much explored in our van.
Qualifications: BSc DipHb (KGH) DSM DTN
- Qualified as a Midwife from King’s College University in 2013.
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and Royal College of Midwives. I additionally take frequent additional training days with the Royal Society of Medicine, most recent study days being; Avoiding the First Caesarean and Exploring risk perception and care provision during pregnancy and birth. I have also spent 2 specialty days training at The North of England Breech Conference.
- Trained specifically in Tropical Nursing and the provision of midwifery care to women from low and middle income countries with time spent in Nepal teaching.
- Completed my Hypnobirthing training with Katherine Graves in 2017. Course accredited by the Royal College of Midwives.
- Trained in Spinning Babies techniques with Rebozo 2013 and 2017 with Gail Tully.
- Trained as a Swedish Massage therapist with Scottish Massage Schools in 2017.
- Currently also completing a further Diploma in Pregnancy Massage with Wellmother to hone my pregnancy and postnatal skills.
- Three Step Rewind Technique February 2019
- Hypnosis and NLP for Birth workers June 2019
I’d love to hear from you, please do drop me a message or call if you have any questions x
What did you most enjoy about the course?
“Meeting yourself and the different parents to be, group activities, lovely setting, getting massages, and bonding with my partner about baby! The name connect is definitely appropriate! Helping me to feel more prepared about what to expect going into labour“
Would you recommend this course to others? If yes what would you say?
“I would definitely recommend and have done to my yoga class. It was fun and very informative. The fact you are a practicing midwife gave the information a lot validation and trust. My partner would like to add he was a little skeptical when I booked it but found it fun meeting the couples and other dads-to-be, and very useful finding out more about what to expect in labour. Alice is very friendly and you can ask any questions! It’s also great keeping in touch now to support each other via chat and we expect to all meet again“Katie, Hypnobirthing Mum